The Academy of Occult Arts admits students of any race, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, classification, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, classification, or national and ethnic origin in administration of our educational policies, admission policies, and other school-administered programs. AOA encourages each student to grant their peers with the same respect, courtesy, and consideration as they would expect in return.
Bullying, Harassment & Hate Speech
All Academy students are expected to refrain from harassing their peers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Taunting (verbal/nonverbal)
- Name calling
- Stalking (in-person/cyber)
- Inappropriate touching (sexual, such as fondling; violent, such as hitting or horse play)
- Non-consensual media:
- taking pictures without consent
- video/audio recordings without the subject’s knowledge
- sharing privately shared media/communication in public spaces without consent such as text messages, private pictures, and emails
- Non-consensual touching or affection (ex: kissing/hugging without their consent)
- Physical or verbal aggression (ex: attacks/wrestling outside of in-class sparring)
- Slurs (regardless of race, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, classification or personal belief)
- First (1) offense will result in weekday detention. Weekday detention begins at 4:10 am of the night of the violation and ends at 5:50 am at the ring of the final bell.
- Second (2) offense will result in weekend detention. Weekend detention begins at midnight and ends at 4 am.
- The detention will take place the Saturday immediately following the violation, given that the Saturday is not a holiday or observance for the student’s classification.
- Any club meetings or extracurricular activities the violating student takes part in will be suspended for that weekend. This includes any club meetings/extracurriculars that occur on Sundays, even though detention does not take place on this day.
- Third (3) offense will result in multiple Saturday detentions, suspension of club/extracurricular activities for the remainder of the quarter, and a conference between Dr. Shararah, the students involved, and their respective guardians.
- Depending on the number of students involved, the headmistress may call on Dr. Park and/or Dr. Temitope to provide insight and mediation.
- Fourth (4) offense will result in the expulsion of the student(s) violating the above listed policies. A demerit will be added to the academic record(s) of the violating student(s), which will be visible to all educational institutions in the dark dimension.
- While having demerits do not necessarily bar students from acceptance to other schools, multiple demerits may hinder their enrollment.
These disciplinary actions, while specific to violations of our Harassment Policy, can also be considered as consequences for violating the other guidelines and policies in place at our institution. Students and their guardians are encouraged to read the student handbook for a complete list of Academy guidelines, policies, and disciplinary actions.