Photo by Nadi Lindsay on Pexels.com
Some say the best part about eating in the middle of the night is the snacks. Me? I say the best part is dessert.
Not every dish is meant to be as complex as last week’s, Citizens. There’s no tampering with diamonds, and this beauty is it!
How I Did It
Easily, that’s how.
For this parfait, I scored a bowl of plain Greek yogurt, another of whipped cream, and some strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. My chosen vessel was a medium-size bowl, as I planned to share with my judges, so I grabbed some extra spoons and returned to our table to build away.
- Chopped the strawberries into chunks and set those aside.
- First layer in the bowl was, of course, plain Greek yogurt.
- Next was a layer of granola.
- Then a layer of a random assortment of berries and strawberry bits.
- Repeated steps 2-4.
- Repeated step 2 one last time.
- Mixed the last of the granola and berries together to create the ultimate layer.
- Topped that layer with whipped cream.
It looks like more steps than it really is until you consider that most of the recipe is just repeating previous steps to your heart’s content. I handed out spoons to my comrades and joined them in savoring this simple treat.
Feliks and Virgil, our more reserved members, nodded approvingly and took multiple bites. Melusine and Fiona were gushing with praise, while Arion begrudgingly dug in.
That’s all for this week, Citizens! Tune in next Friday for another installment of What The Dish. Until then leave a like on this post, and I’ll see you at Middy!